Senior Volunteer Opportunities with Symerica
At Symerica, we welcome volunteers in all our communities and have a wide range of opportunities for you to make a difference in the lives of our residents. Discover the joy and fulfillment of volunteering with seniors. There are lots of ways you can help:
- Spend one-on-one time with a senior to provide companionship for someone who doesn’t get many visitors
- Help out at mealtimes by serving food, helping residents or bringing a sunny smile and conversation to the table
- Bring your travel stories to share
- Bring your musical talents and perform for small or large groups
- Start a club or help out in one that’s already going on: horticulture, scrapbooking, photography, card-making, woodworking… the list is endless
- Play cards or board games with a group of seniors and learn about their interesting lives in the process
Senior Living Volunteer Requirements
- All volunteers must be 14 years of age or older
- Please complete the volunteer application and submit it to the community of your choice via email, fax or in person
- You will be asked to provide the names of two (2) references and are required to obtain a successful “vulnerable sector” police check prior to volunteering
- Volunteer hours for high school students will be granted upon request and successful completion
Simply fill out an application form to get started volunteering with seniors at Symerica.
For more information about our senior living volunteer opportunities, please contact the community of your choice to find out how you can become involved.